- Accessibility in education means all students have the services and information they need to acquire the education they are legally entitled to.
- According to the US Government Accountability Office, two-thirds of school districts have inaccessible facilities.
- US Government Accountability Office
- National Transportation Library's Accessibility Guide
- Equity in education is definied by the Equity Collaborative as "the elimination of the predictability of success or failure by any social or cultural factor AND the dismantling of inequitable practices and policies."
- "Furthermore, educators and school and district leaders should strive for high levels of consciousness around racial literacy, gender equality, ableist practices, and actions that disenfranchise students who have minimal economic and social resources."
- The Equity Collaborative